Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

Tyler and I had out very first 4th together this year! It was my very first holiday off since I have graduated nursing school in 2005, crazy I know! We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend. Friday night we went to the Taste of Chicago and just strolled around (By strolled I mean walked very slowly and took lots of  sitting and resting breaks), walking with contractions is just not that easy. We had some delicious corn on the cob dunked in butter of course, a rib sandwich, and funnel cake! (YUM-O)!  Saturday we ventured out to my parents and decided to go to the local swimming pool, Tyler and I had fun soaking in the water and going down the water slides, but our favorite part was watching all the people with there little ones and anxiously awaiting the day we get to hang out at the pool with our little miss! Saturday night we went to the carol stream town center to listen to some live country music, eat ice cream and watch the fireworks! It was a pleasant surprise watching the fireworks from somewhere besides the window at Children's! The fireworks were wonderful and we had front row seats for the show. Baby girl was wiggling inside the whole time, im not sure that she liked all the boom's and bang's interfering with her sleep! Sunday I woke up early to walk Hulk before the sweltering heat wave began. Then I baked some yummy cookies for the shower! Baking is my favorite past time it really helps me not think about these constant contractions! My dad gave Tyler his first instruction on rib cooking. They dry rubbed the ribs, basked in BBQ sauce and the put on the grill for over four hours! They did something right because the meat fell of the bones it was really a great way to spend the 4th! We ate lots of good food, spent quality time together and with my family,oh yeah and baby fevold stayed put overall what I call a great weekend! Tyler and I are officially Costco members,we decided to join especially for the diapers and wipes, but we were able to find a great variety of things and are set for the next 6 weeks with food for lunches and quick fix dinners! The house is clean, hulk got a bath today, all the sheets are washed and the house is fully stocked with food. Can you tell we are over prepared for this baby to arrive. We continue to await her arrival with highly anticipated anxiety. There are some hours in the day were I contemplate having to go to the hospital because the contractions are so strong, but they seem to get better the next hour so then we go back to just living our life the best we can while waiting. I just want to make sure that I can get to the hospital with enough time for an epidural. Seeing that I have already been in labor almost 4 weeks, and have progressed pretty far in that time, I worry that Ill be too far along for an epidural and that scares me the most. So I continue to keep my fingers and legs crossed that we will make in to the hospital in time to carry out the labor plan we hope for, but we will see what Little Miss has planned. Here is to making it my baby shower on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment