Sunday, July 25, 2010

Preparation and Planning

It has been another whirlwind of a weekend to say the least.  The pressure and contractions continue to increase but with no real consistency. When I called the triage center they told me that even if the pressure is worse that if the contractions are consistent then it probably is not full labor. So we wait and I tough it out while just sitting here with nothing I can do about it but wait patiently. I lost what they call the mucous plug on Friday which is often a sign of impending labor, but long behold many women lose this and then dont go until full labor for weeks. I went to the doctor last thursday and once again I remain at 4.5 cm dilated 100 effaced. The baby had dropped even more, but still no changes. The current plan is set for an amniocentesis on Monday at 2:30. My mom will be accompanying me to this appointment. The stick a large needle into the amniotic fluid obtain a sample and then send it for three tests that look at little babies lung function. As long as one of these tests come back positive I will be induced Tuesday or Wednesday morning. The reason they do the amnio before induction at 37 weeks is to make sure the baby is really ready to come out. Although my body is clearly ready we have to make sure she is also ready for breathing an important essential function!  Again though my doctor has warned me that because I have been contracting for so long at such high frequency with no change that I may just be a person who does not progress even with the help of induction medications. Which in my case with the length I have been contracting is considered prolonged labor and then they are obligated to do a C-section because of the very long delay in your bodies response to deliver or progress during delivery. We continue to just keep our fingers crossed that my body just needs a little "push" pun intended to help get this little girl out. We spent the weekend doing last minute things an just hanging out together. We played Charades on Friday night. It is a 4 person game but we tweaked it into a two person game and had ourselves laughing at each other. Saturday we grabbed a few last minute hospital bag goodies from Target and went to see inception. Then we ordered pizza and lounged. We have also spent lots of time giving hulk lots of love and attention because soon enough he will have to compete with his sister! We once again have cleaned the house, grocery shopped and fully stocked ourselves in preparation for this week. Going into this week with an open mind and heart because we know birth plans don't always follow suite. I am beginning to become more and more nervous about the labor itself but know we have lots of angels up there to watch us and guide us safely through this journey. Tomorrow would be Laila's 6th Birthday. She passed away just before her 3rd birthday.  I'm quite sure she will be celebrating in Heaven. She always loved her chicken noodle soup and for some reason I can see that being her dinner of choice on her birthday. I know for a fact she will be watching over us in the next couple of days. In the past week every time I have turned my pandora on I hear our song "I'll stand by you" Carrie Underwood and it isn't even on the Carrie Underwood station. She is sending me and baby her love from Heaven. I also lost a good friend to Cancer last night and I pray that he safely arrives in Heaven. He had a seven year battle with cancer and put up one of the best fights. He was a person that changed everyone's life he was in for the better. Ill never forget all the people in my life that have come and gone so quickly. And as I have said before life as we know it is a circle  and we look forward to bringing our baby into that Circle we call Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment