Friday, June 18, 2010

Nesting!

I went to the Doctor for my now weekly and if anything changes bi-weekly appointments. I am still pretty much continuously contracting, my uterus is very active. The Monitor is evaluating that my contractions are about 3-5 minutes apart. Luckily for me I only feel about half of them. The ones I do feel are painful best described as a very bad menstrual cramp. So I can officially say goodbye to the perfect pregnancy. Between my legs going tingly and numb from the baby being so low to the constant contractions I would have to say that I'm hanging in there for now. Its more annoying than anything because things that were so easy like walking Hulk for 45 minutes the other day was a simple enjoyable workout for me to now where 15 minutes of walking is dreaded and uncomfortable. I have officially been on "bed rest" for a full week and my doctor has been nice enough to approve me heading back to work for now on Monday. He did put restrictions on my work schedule, so for now Ill be confined to my desk doing mostly outpatient duties, such as refilling prescriptions, answering lots of family and patient questions, following patient labs and reviewing charts. Not my favorite part of the job but I am looking forward to just trying to get things back to as much normalcy as I can. The Doctor thinks that little miss will be arriving anytime in the next 3-4 weeks because of her position and frequency of contractions. Ideally we would all like her to wait to 35 weeks so that her lung development is good enough for her to be able to come home and not have to stay in the the hospital. Either way we are all ready for her arrival. My mom and I put together the dresser that my parents bought yesterday! We got our car seat in the mail yesterday. We had to make an early purchase of this in order to be fully prepared for her arrival. All of her things are washed and ready to be worn. Most importantly the hospital bag is fully packed and ready to go! Bed rest for me= cleaning the condo, I have a feeling this is my nesting period! I have gone in the nursery a gazillion times to ensure that we have everything we need and I think it's safe to say we have enough of the necessities that we are officially ready for her arrival. My mom and I also bought a box of diapers and wipes that will get us through a week with a baby at home! Let's all hope and pray that Baby Girl decides to cook just a little bit longer, even though we are ready and cant wait to meet her, we both want to make sure she is as healthy as can be and the longer her lungs can develop the healthier she will be! Keep us in your thoughts that she doesn't come this week because my parents and aunt and uncle will be in Mexico and there help has been essential throughout this whole process. Thanks again to my Mom for helping me get all the baby stuff together this week! Oh and thanks to my dad who slept on the floor and gave up his bed for the pregnant women all week! Lots of Love to everyone for all the help! Posted below are final pics of the nursery! Love It!

P.S. Tyler and I missed our baby classes because I was in the hospital. So I went to Barnes and Noble and got What to Expect when your Expecting and a Healthy Baby Sleep book. We are just going to learn together by reading up on baby stuff and I'm sure well be learning lots about each other and babies when little miss arrives!

2 comments:

  1. Liz- I love reading your blog since I can't see you very often!! I'm definitely praying that your little one will stay in there as long as possible!! Take it easy....bed rest does not = cleaning woman!! Just think that you may not get all that rest after the baby is born so catch up on what you can now! PLEASE let me know if there is anything that you need! ANYTHING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana- Thanks for the prayers! I have been taking it easy all weekend and will be back to work on Monday cause this baby is already very expensive! Ill definitely let you know if I need anything, right now I'm hanging in there. Maybe we could grab lunch if you have a day off on a Tuesday! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete