Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Baby Girl Wants Out

So my day off which was today was a normal scheduled doctor appointment, which unfortunately turned into a 5 hour long trip to over to the hospital. Once again I'm contracting every minute, yes every single minute with a big long contraction every 8 minutes or so. Since I am only 32 weeks and babies lungs are still immature the doctor wanted to be sure that everything was staying the same. I am currently at 50% effacement and 2 cm dilated which means my cervix is thinning with the contractions and beginning to dilate, which basically means my body is slowly preparing for little miss to make her way out. The progression seems to be slow and steady for now, so I will now visit the doctor twice a week for closer monitoring and if need be stay in the hospital for further steroid treatments. For now its back to desk work, but as the doctor has said even rest isn't going to stop the contractions once they have started so just taking it easy, eating and drinking well and sleeping well will at least keep me relaxed and both baby and I as healthy as possible. She continues to not seem to be bothered by the contractions. She was dancing all around this afternoon and her heart rate was showing the great variability which is what they look for. All this baby talk and knowing that she will be here soon has got us really thinking about what she will look like! Tyler and I cant wait to meet her and we have both had our share of dreams entertaining the idea of what our baby girl will look like. Ill let you all make your guesses after you see what Tyler and I looked like as little ones! We are guessing she will have blue eyes since we both do, but will her hair be curly or straight, blonde or brunette? We think she will be pretty long because both Tyler and I are pretty tall. Posted below or pictures of us as infants! Yes the outfits are not as cool as they are today, but like Ty and I say, little miss in 20 years will probably be asking us why we put huge flowered bows in her hair and tell us that that trend was so 2010! It is amazing how much style changes over the years! Tyler is the first two and I am the additional 3 pictures! I resembled a little boy for awhile due to my lack of hair (which we all know that I have plenty now)!


No comments:

Post a Comment