Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Giving Tree

5/19/10


Last night Liz and I decided to do some decorating in Baby’s room. We purchased a wall decal that was a tree with flowers, and they stick to the wall like in those ‘Fathead’ commercials you see on TV during football games. The idea being that you can decorate a space and then peel off the thing when you move as opposed to painting something permanent. Things started out smoothly, with me helping Liz apply the base of the trunk on the bottom of the wall. At this point were thinking, “ok, not so bad, was it?” Unfortunately, the next part was a bit trickier and I guess you could say that I did not pay attention to detail. I let a few air pockets get underneath the sticky side of the tree and wouldn’t you know it, some wrinkles started forming in the tree branches. This led to the top part of the trunk not matching evenly with the bottom part. Yikes! I sheepishly looked at Liz, who at this point was already burning a hole through my forehead with her eyes! (these things are more expensive that you think, believe me). After a few minutes of her finishing that part and starting to apply the flowers and butterflies, I slowly gained back her trust in my artistic abilities….at which point I accidentally knocked over my lap top that was resting on the baby’s crib, sending it plummeting towards the baby’s mattress (thankfully) and making a loud BANG when it snapped shut. Upon inspection, I noted to Liz that one of the flower decals had been driven straight through where a piece of the lap top closes! She did not seem as impressed as I was….. Eventually I did get the hang of it and was able to help her finish the project, although Liz did the majority of the work. Well I am happy to report that the finished project looks amazing and that it really brings the room together. That’s it for now, just thought I’d share this funny experience with everyone.

-Ty

No comments:

Post a Comment