Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Giving Tree Part 2

First of all I have to set my husband straight after his posting about our giving tree. He knows that projects with me are not easy because I am anal..very very very type A and this makes things especially things that I want to be absolutely perfect  a little difficult when you mix this type of work with someone like Tyler who has a much more laid back approach to things. I did stare him down when you didn't do it exactly how I wanted it, but eventually we worked it out and after a few hard lessons we both finally got it right and the tree looks perfect! The nursery is coming right along. The crib is up with full bedding and the tree puts the perfect touch on our baby girls room!


I am officially in my third trimester today! I cant believe how quickly 28 weeks has gone by. I think that the countdown can officially begin. Only 12 weeks to go! I am still feeling pretty great. It wasn't until week 27 that people finally started to notice that I was pregnant! My lower back is really the only thing that is bothering me.  Its become harder and harder to sleep in the past couple of weeks, but thanks to the five new pillows I bought at target I am learning to adjust my growing belly into a comfortable bliss of pillows, which unfortunately doesn't give Tyler much room to sleep. I made sure to buy him a new pillow too just so that he wouldn't feel left out!  It is also just a little bit harder to bend over and pick things up like I used too. Tyler and I played cornhole a.k.a bags today on our rooftop deck and by the second game he had to bend over the pick up the bags because with nothing to hold onto I was having a hard time bending over every minute! Otherwise I feel great and with every passing day I look more forward to meeting this bundle of joy. She moves so much now. My stomach becomes disfigured and she tries to wiggle into a more comfortable position, it is the most amazing thing to watch. I still sometimes find it hard to believe that there is a baby in there but she loves to remind me by wiggling around all day. I love to play music right up to my belly and she seems to love it. She was jamming out to some Carrie Underwood earlier today!


Tyler and I are gearing up for out last big solo vacation before baby comes. Our road trip begins this thursday and continues until the following sunday. We are headed to boston, new york and washington d.c. and can't wait to explore the east coast by car and foot! I am actually already packed and ready to go because I am sooo excited. We will be in NYC for my birthday and I cant wait to have a whole week just to explore the world we live in! I look forward to reporting as soon as we get home from our much needed and our long anticipated road trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment