Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"Colic" or "Cowlick"

Tyler and I have been incredibly busy the past couple of months, between me starting a new job and us getting ready for baby we have not had much time for anything else. I did two heart transplants just this weekend. Tyler and I had spent all day at the Cubs game on Saturday afternoon. We had a wonderful time just being outside and being able to spend some quality time together. That night we went to bed about 1030 and at 1045 I got the call that I would need to start making phone calls for the heart transplant. I did end up getting about 2 hours of sleep before I actually had to be at the hospital but then was up from 3 am until the following night at 8 pm. Instead of sleeping the afternoon away on Sunday Tyler and I headed to the suburbs to Register for baby! I was exhausted but it was soooooo much fun! Tyler and I were like two kids in the store. There is just something about all of the cute things, toys and the fact that you are getting stuff for someone else that makes the whole process a ton of fun. We ended up registering at both Babies R Us and Target. We cant wait to use some of the great things that we have registered for.

My favorite part of the whole weekend! I was looking for the Dr. Brown's bottles that I have heard many good things about. Tyler wanted to know the difference between the bottles. I told him I wanted the Dr. Browns ones because they help with colic in babies. He proceeded to give me this very serious/puzzled look and says I just don't get it how does it prevent colic? I proceeded to tell him that there is less air that gets through this type of bottle and therefore it helps with the gas that causes colic. He continues to look confused and says wait I'm still really confused how can it prevent you from getting a colic (at this time he is pointing to his cowlick on his hair)? I  just bust out laughing at this point. I then explained to him what a colicky baby is and the colic and Cowlick are different. At this point we were both laughing our butts off at the idea that he truly believed that drinking from a special bottle was going to somehow prevent the baby from getting a cowlick in her hair! I Love my husband and his absolutely hilarious ideas that he has in his head! We have lots to learn and we have had so much fun learning new things about pregnancy, baby and things about each other that have made this whole experience so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment