Monday, March 29, 2010

20 weeks! Halway there. Wow times flies when your having fun! I can definately say it has been an eventful journey this far and I continue to look forward to the next  20 weeks or so! I continue to patiently await a bigger more pregnant looking baby bump! Everyone at work insists that there bellies look like that when they push it out too! But I swear I'm not pushing it out it is there its just tiny still. I am guessing that in the next few weeks I will surprise myself by how quickly it begins to grow.
A few things I want to jot down and remember about this pregnancy!
Week 14: All of my energy returned and I began to actually feel like a normal human being again!
Week 15: I finally noticied that my belly was not flat anymore and I began to like sweets again. I had a very large food aversion to anything sweet in the  first few weeks and now it is essential for me to have one sweet thing on a daily basis(Its where I get my extra 300 calories from)
Week 16: I felt like millions of butterflies floating around in my belly and continue to get this sensation more and more with every passing day
Week 17-20: I was convinced that I would not have any food cravings, my thought being that for so many years of my life I was so good at restricting what I ate that even now I could push away a craving and just eat the good stuff. I literally have a staple group of foods that have to be in the house and that I eat on a daily basis, this includes, cereal, yogurt, cottage cheese, bananas, apples, oranges, berries, nuts, granola bars and peanut butter! My first big craving though was peanut butter and jelly sandwich with banana on it( yes i know normal people usually omit the jelly at this point but not me) Needless to say it was delicious! I also began to have very bad acid reflux and become full very quickly in these last four weeks. So today I started out my new way of eating so that I can get the right amount of nutrition and not feel like i ate a horse after a small sandwich. I am trying the eat a 100-200 calorie item every three hours, with the exception that my breakfast which is always cereal and a banana is a little larger because I am a little more hungry in the morning that any other time of the day. We will see how this diet plan treats me, Im just hoping I can feel normal again after eating and not feel like a stuffed pig!
Week 20: It is much harder to get comfortable now, sleeping, sitting on the couch, just moving around in general is not as comfortable as it has been, which I can count on only getting worse!

Overall I have a very easy comfortable pregnancy compared to what some women have to endure. I feel lucky to have bipased major morning sickness, major headaches and just overall feeling of Blah! I cant wait to see how quickly things change in the next half! One week countdown until I can find out if this little babe is a girl or a boy! Cant wait! Happy Easter All!

No comments:

Post a Comment