Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Laila's Story

Tyler and I were checking out a new church in the city this past weekend, trying to figure out a best fit for our particular needs and beliefs and where we just feel at home. I think we may have found the perfect place! We both really enjoyed the service and felt as though this is the right place and church that we will be able to raise our child in. I have had a long standing battle with my beliefs due the struggles that I deal with day to day at my job, as well as several other life experiences that really make you question your faith. To make a long story short I have always had faith in the little angels above. If there is one thing I knew it was that I always had a few angels up there listening when I needed them. Church always makes me think of my little Laila and her angelic part she has played into Tyler and my life. In the toughest of times I have always prayed to Laila Star. Laila was a precious little girl who went through more in her almost 3 years of life than most of us will in our 80+ years of life. She died just before her third birthday of liver failure. She continues to live on in my heart and the heart of the many people she touched in her short life. Her part in My and Tyler's life: When she passed my roommate Laura and I decided to have a benefit to raise money in her name for the American Liver Foundation. This is the benefit where I met Tyler. I cant help but believe she brought my soul mate to me at just the right time in my life. This was in September, in December Laura and I moved into a new place. About four weeks after the move I was going through my jewelry box and was surprised to find 3 star shaped beads hidden in with my jewelry (one yellow, one red, and one purple). I asked Laura, my mom, my sister if any of them had ever seen the beads before and everyone sort of just looked at me like I was crazy. I had cleaned out my jewelry box before I moved so i knew they were not there just three weeks before. Laura and I knew that it was a message from Laila. Her middle name was star and Laura and I talked about her often and would refer to the stars in the sky representing her and many other angels. I think she was just letting us know even though we cant see her she is still there. It was like she was reminding us to keep talking to her. So that is what I did. I often prayed to her when I prayed knowing that she was always somewhere listening. Laila's picture has always been placed right next to our front door for protection and because we know she is always there with us. Last year I probably was a little lazy when it came to praying. So it was Thanksgiving morning probably very close to the time the Tyler and I had conceived this little babe. Tyler and I obviously live in a different apt. than Laura and I had. I cleaned on my hands and knees the day before Thanksgiving knowing that it was our very first Thanksgiving we would be hosting as a family. I woke up Thursday morning to get the food started for Thanksgiving dinner and on the counter top was a little blue star bead, identical to the other three I had found in my jewelry box nearly three years before. I ran in to show Tyler who couldn't believe that I had found another bead. I cant help but believe that Laila also played a little part in helping us bring our first child into the world. I anxiously awaited the next three weeks so I could take a pregnancy test, because I just felt that was a sign from her saying don't worry I listen to your prayers your gonna have your baby! She continues to renew my faith and strength in God everyday. Tyler and I cant wait to tell this little baby all about our guardian angel Laila!

Here is a updated picture of Week 19 belly and a Tyler and I right before my celebratory dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment