Monday, April 5, 2010

It's A GIRL!

Today we had the big 21 week ultrasound! It was absolutely amazing. I had to hold my breath for most of it because I was very nervous. Sometimes being a pediatric nurse in one the biggest PICU's in Chicago makes you a little bit on edge when they are looking to make sure the baby is healthy! We are happy to report that this little baby appears to be right on track with growth and all of her measurements are just where they should be at 21 weeks! Tyler and I spent quite some time in the ultrasound because after all the pictures were taken the doctor came back with a new resident to show her all of the normal baby things! I guess this reassured us that he was using our baby girl to help someone learn about what a baby should look like. We are thrilled to finally be able to say for sure it is a girl even though that was our hunch all along. She already has a wonderful name and nickname picked out, but we have decided that it is best to keep it our little secret until baby girl fevold decides to grace us with her presence! We have had our girl name picked out pretty much forever so that is why we thought it would be a girl! Lucky for me I have a husband who is Awesome and loved the name the second I said it! And not so lucky for all of you but a few lucky ones (My mom, sister, and aunt) you will not get to know her name for about 19 more weeks! Tyler and I had a wonderful Easter with my family! We got tons of presents for baby and got to spend some quality time outside enjoying this heat wave! We finished off our weekend by having the ultrasound today and then my mom and aunt came again to shop for more specific GIRL stuff!! My momma got us some of our bedding stuff and a tun of cute sun outfits! My aunt got us the pack and play/bassinet! What a great invention! Who needs both when they have turned them into one. My anal side ill probably make Tyler put it together with me when he gets home because I hate having stuff in boxes! Plus It just helps us take in all the baby excitement! I have attached a few photos from our weekend fun with some of our baby stuff! My bump continues to grow, although all weekend I heard that I just look "bloated" or my favorite is "I look like that everyday". P.S. this baby may have gotten some twins gear for Easter, but she will BLEED CUBBIES BLUE (there was a reason we found out she was a girl on opening day!)





4 comments:

  1. A girl - I knew it! Oh Im so pleased for you!!

    And looks like others had the same idea as me for a gift - a baby Twins jersey with Fevold on the back! Great minds think alike! lol just kidding.

    We are thrilled for you and Tyler and cant wait to meet the little princess this fall!!

    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I have some guesses for the little cutie's first and/or middle name:

    Grace
    Rose
    Lily
    Daisy
    Laila
    Charlotte
    Megan
    Hope
    Faith
    Sarah
    Kathryn
    Maureen (mid)
    Elizabeth (mid)
    Shannon
    Emily
    Chloe
    ...

    ah, cant wait to find out this little angel's name!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! We are very happy it's a girl too! Tyler really wanted a girl opposite of what most guys want I think. I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised by her unique name! Only about 18 more weeks til she is here! Cant wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She has a unique name! Im excited to hear that! So my guesses must be way off then, I went pretty traditional with those.

    And thanks for posting her picture - Im going to print it out and tape to grandma's bedroom mirror.

    take care!

    edit: the password I had to use to enter this post was: breed !! lol!!

    ReplyDelete