Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Judo chop!

4/20/10


Hello there! This is my first entry as a proud papa and I want to share my experience thus far. Two nights ago I felt baby’s karate kick for the first time! It was a great feeling since I really didn’t have any physical experiences with the baby until now like Liz has throughout this pregnancy. When I see her in the ultrasounds it is amazing but feeling the kick is what I have been waiting for. I just picture the baby in there smiling and doing somersaults and karate kicking, it makes me smile for sure. It is crazy to think that Liz has been pregnant for 5 months already, we’re half way home! We have a small wardrobe of onesies, little dresses and bows and they are all so adorable. Especially the Iowa Hawkeye stuff. She is going to be a huge Hawkeye fan! I look forward to going to football games in the fall with her and her mom.

At home I have been doing my best to make sure Liz has everything she needs and I am hoping to be a “go-fer” for her food cravings soon! She hasn’t really had any weird or random cravings yet but I know Dairy Queen will fit in there somewhere. We were shopping at the outlet mall in Aurora a couple of weeks ago and I spotted a wedge pillow that is supposed to help pregnant moms sleep better, so we bought it and she tried it out but it didn’t deliver as promised so it’s back to the drawing board. I’ve been thinking about all of the things the 3 of us are going to be doing together in the future and I can’t wait. It’s definitely true what they say about seeing babies all of the time when you are expecting, but then again I walk Hulk by this park near our house a lot and there are kids everywhere with their parents. Lots of babies in the city that’s for sure. Well that’s all I have for now but I’m sure I’ll be back on this blog soon to write about my days as a father to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment