Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Francesca Kaureen Fevold!

She has finally arrived!  She arrived July 28th, 8:34 A.M., 6 pounds 11 ounces and 19 inches long! Unconditional Love. She is the most precious thing I have ever laid my eyes on! We have had a very busy two weeks since she has arrived. I will leave out the details of the labor and delivery. I feel lucky to have had a healthy beautiful baby and a very uneventful delivery. Tyler, my mom and aunt Kathy were very supportive and kept me company for the entire delivery well at least until the "Push" part! Tyler was a great coach and the look on his face when Franki was finally here was priceless. Having a baby makes you look at your husband in a whole new light. I think at the same time I realized how much love I had for Franki, I fell even more in love with my husband. Seeing his excitement and pride in being a father was a wonderful moment that I will never forget. We made it home, and had Franki on a bili blanket for 5 days. I was readmitted to the hospital with a very bad kidney and blood infection, but despite our minor set backs we are all very happy and healthy and getting used to our life as a family. As you may have noticied in my previous posts I was not too happy about breastfeeding although I knew I wanted to try. Now I absolutely love it, my main concern when I had to go back to the hospital was how was she going to get fed and I was so worried that she was not going to get breast milk. Luckily she was able to room in with me at the hospital and get all the benefits of breat milk! She loves it too! We are still working on introducing a bottle with expressed breast milk and she is slowly adapting to life on the bottle and the breast, although I think it is safe to say she would take the breast anyday! Sleep is another thing we have been missing out on or should I say I. My boys Tyler and Hulk are pretty good at tuning out the crying in the middle of the night, but as i get into a routine sleep is getting a little easier and again its just another thing we are learning to adapt to. It is 100% worth the lack of sleep. She is soooo precious. I cant get enough of her. Our life as a family is just beginning but I can already tell this is the start to something so amazing. I love every minute of being a mommy and I cant wait to see what the future brings! I look forward to sharing our families adventures as we begin our new life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment