Monday, August 23, 2010

Rounding One Month!

I can't believe our little girl is almost one month old! Time is flying already. She has changed so much in just four short weeks. It has been quite an adventure so far. She is proving to be just as sassy as we thought she would be in the womb. When she sleeps she pretty much refuses to sleep on her back, she literally will wine with her eyes closed until she can turn herself on her side. It is pretty funny to watch. She is also very particular about how her feet are when she is sleeping she sleeps with them crossed and slightly elevated in the air. The only problem with this is when she falls asleep her legs fall and it wakes her up. It makes me laugh just to watch her squirm into her perfect sleeping position. She is so alert! She loves to sit in the Boppy and look around at all of the new things, rattles, her play mat and of course her new furry brother Hulk. I could stare at her all day. She furrows her brows when you talk to her like she is really trying to understand what you are talking about. She loves walking. My mom and I took her out shopping in the city and the second you put her in the stroller she is passed out sleeping until you get back home. It really must have been all that walking I did when I was pregnant. Hulk and I enjoy our daily walks with her. She is starting to warm up to bath time. It started our with full out screaming the entire time and now she only screams periodically and actually enjoys when the water is poured all over her. I know they say that babies don't smile for a couple more weeks, but let a mother have her fun! I love it when she is eating and I'm looking at her and she has this huge (non-voluntary) grin on her face. It just looks like she is saying now this is the life! Besides she this huge left sided dimple on her cheek that makes me smile every time I can get her to make a face that will show it! She is quite the strong little thing. Tyler and I give her tummy time three times a day and her head is getting so strong. She lifts it up and looks around to see the world around her. Needless to say Tyler and I could look at her for hours and just admire everything that she does. She is sleeping for about 3 hours at a time, once in a great while she sleeps 4 hours. But her awake times have lengthened to about 2 hours at a time and this is my favorite time of day. She loves her milk she sighs while she is drinking it and it sounds so peaceful. I had to give up a few essentials in my diet in order to make her tummy a bit happier. Caffeine kept her up and crazy for a whole night. Anytime I had dairy she threw up even one piece of cheese. She also didn't like when I ate chocolate. Since I have eliminated this from my diet it has been just the normal baby spit ups here and there. I would do anything for this little baby and if it makes her belly happy it makes her momma happy too! I cant even describe how much I love her. If it is possible I love her more everyday. We mostly have just been sticking to home, seeing it is hard to plan an outing when you don't know when she will be ready to eat. In the next month or so we are looking forward to just enjoying the weather, attending some BBQ's and catching every little moment in Franki's life. I forgot to mention in my last post about her name. I have always loved the name Francesca and when I told Tyler it when I got pregnant he immediately loved it too. I really wanted her to have an Italian first name seeing that my maiden name was Italian. The nickname Franki we just both really liked and it has a strong unique ring to it that we both really love. I think she will go a lot by both names, seeing that I absolutely love both names and when she is a professional my guess is that she will want to go by Francesca! Her middle name Kaureen is a combination of my Mom's name Maureen and my Aunt's name Kathleen. They are the most important people in my life and will both play a huge role in Francesca's life. They have already had a huge part in her life while she was in the womb and outside of it. We couldnt think of a better way to honor them for all they have done for Tyler, Francesca and I. Our lives continue to change for the better and I am loving all this time off that I get to spend with my baby girl! More updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment