Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sleep in the City


Tummy time makes Franki Sleepy!
Bath Time Fun!

Sweet Little Franki is fast asleep right now after her what I call a Milk-A-Thon! She just cant get enough and sometimes she falls asleep in the middle of eating you put her down and she wakes up twenty minutes later an realizes she never fquite finished her meal. During the day she consistently eats every two and a half hours. At night we have finally gotten a stretch to agout 3 hours and on a good night we get one four hour stretch. For me this means about 2 hours of sleep at a time. Seeing it takes time to feed her and then I usually have to pump. All in all it ends up being at least a one hour deal for me and then its back to sleep to do it all over again in just a few short hours. We spend lots of hours during the day feeding. Even when I am tired though its hard not to smile at her sweet little face and that look of contentment while she is eating. The hardest part is that when she wakes up I am so out of sorts for the first few minutes that I get up and I cant remember the last time I fed her and how on earth did I get her into her crib and did i remember to pump last time. It all sort of blends together at night. Somehow we get by! Once Tyler gets up I usually put her in our bed to get another hour or so of shut eye before we begin our fun filled day. We take daily walks and I at usually get a five minute shower in. It is amazing as a mother how quickly you can learn to cut your personal routine and time spent on yourself in half. I can be in and out of the shower in about 3 minutes and yes I think I am still just as clean as when I spent 15 minutes in the shower. I can get my make-up on and dressed in about 7 minutes! It is amazing what you learn to do when you have someone else to look after. Man do I love this little thing. Since I have a little time I am off to get some food for myself and by then my little milk monster will be ready to chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment