Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Overwhelmed

Week 7, I guess I spoke too soon last week about the no nausea thing. This week has been a rollercoaster of nausea and emotions. My body does not like it when I wait to long to eat and then it also doesnt like when I eat too much. Both cause boughts of nausea. Being a nurse has increased my fears and concerns. I am a bit superstitious and I guess I was not ready for so many people to talk about me being pregnant and gettting congratualted. I always thought during the first trimester that my pregnancy would be a big secret. Its not that I dont want to share the news. Trust me I do. It's the fact that I am a very very paranoid person and I am exposed to much more than your average person. I am exposed to infectious diseases, x-rays, medications, aerosol's and so much more. I also work twelve hour night shifts on my feet. Therefore I guess you could say Nurses dont have the most ideal working environment for carrying a child. Growing up my closest friends would tease me that as my children grew up they would go to another childs house for a sleepover and woonder why on earth there mom didn't want to take their vitals before they went to bed. Yeah I am a freak Ill probably have a whole medical room at my house so that my child can undergo full medical inspection daily. ( This is really on a little stretch of the truth and that is only because we will only live in a little 2 bedroom apt.) My only real fears at this point are miscarriage. I still have five weeks before I can at least feel a bit more comfortable in my own skin. Still greatly looking forward to being a momma! I have been waiting my whole life for this and now that it is finally here I am definately overwhelmed. Ill feel much better when my best friends know! One more funny thing. I got my first baby gift from Tyler for christmas. A blue and red onsie that says "Party in my Crib" This baby already will be rocking some high style items! See you all in 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment