Sunday, March 13, 2011

Rested and Recovered

Im finally better well almost. I actually ended up getting a full night sleep on Thursday night into Friday! Yep that is right Franki slept all night for the first time ever. She has yet to repeat this and actually slept horrible last night, but were making great progress and even I can handle getting up one or two times a night. Even my body can handle that. I still have a nasty cough but so far (knock on wood) no one else has gotten sick from me which is a blessing. I am well rested after this weekend and lots of time with Franki and Tyler definitely helped the mend a bit. We had a really nice weekend. Wednesday and Friday we celebrated Elle's Birthday! We had a nice dinner on Wednesday night and Friday Ty and I were able to get out for a little bit with Ellen and her friends and just enjoy some time out. It was nice to be able to share some "alone" time together and just catch up. I am guilty of spending too much time and attention on Franki and Hulk and not enough time paying attention to Tyler. But After friday night I realize it is with good reason, because the times we spend together are that much more worth it and held that much more fun and meaning. It was too bad we didnt get to see the night of ELLE's birthday unfold (she always has lots of flair during her nights out and once Id like to be there to see it, but I can only imagaine. Aunt Elle sure knows how to have a good time and make a good time and we love her so much for that! Saturday Ty and I took Franki to a local indoor pool where I could show him how much she enjoys the water. She wasnt too sure at first because it was loud and there was a ton of kids in the swimming pool, but once she realized she was going to get to do some SPLASHING she was all for it! I think Tyler really enjoyed seeing how much fun she was having and we had a really good time too. It was a nice day to break up a cold and wintery day. Franki was a busy body all day saturday. She is now constantly trying to lift herself onto anything that is high enough, the couch, table , entertainment center. She really is on the move now . Sunday my mom, franki elle and I wnjoyed some good ole target shopping and then a nice long walk. Tyler brought hulk and my mom, franki and I all went to the park. She absolutely loved the swing and the walk. She is sooo observant. I always tell Tyler its almost like you can see that she is taking notes in her brain regarding all the things she sees. She always has such an inquisitive look on her face and is so calm watching and taking in new things. While on the swing she laughed and laughed (I have to say the sound of her laugh is music to my heart). It is the most amazing sound and reminds me the beauty of life and how the simple things really are the most fun. Which gets me to the point of my nice relaxing weekend. It was simple and sweet filled with the people and things that I love and I am reminded that this is what makes my heart smile. This is what makes life good. A good laugh and the people we love are all we need in order to be happy. Happy we are. Thank you my sweet Baby for showing us what is really important and reminding us to feel the breeze while we walk, take in the trees and the beautiful surroundings we have been given. Thank you for reminding us what trully matters in life.

She really works the Camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment