Monday, March 7, 2011

Out of Commision

Our family has been what I call out of sorts, commision, really whatever you want to call it. The Momma was sick. Yep still am sick actually. Its not easy being sick (coughing up a lung, running nose, laryngitis, pounding headache) and still waking up every 3-4 hours or so with your fussy teething allergic baby. Poor me yes I am allowed every once in awhile to feel sorry for myself and this is just one of those times. I dont usually complain much about being sick but for some reason between stress, sickness, lack of sleep and work I was just out of all my sorts. I couldnt remember things and I just felt kinda crazy. But after a weekend of R and R with family I am starting on the mend. Still no where near 100% but definitely on the way. On top of being sick Franki was in Clingy Mommy mode and when she wasnt either in my lap of within view of me she had this painful whine. It all started when I started giving her baby yogurt about a week ago. (She actually loved it). She has always had her milk intolerance but the pediatrician said most likely she would grow out of it. So we tried and significantly failed. It hurts her belly and makes her spitty and just absolutely miserable a.k.a clingy, yucky inflammed bowel poop, just not good at all. So we decided this little girl is going to have some tummy issues. No more milk for me either for another 5 months (thank goodness for that one shamrock shake that I finally got!). Whats another 5 months when I made it 7 without one thing of milk. So hopefully she will be a little less clingy and more like the Franki we know now that most of the milk protein is working her way out of his system. Well actually now we need to get the egg out of her systmem! Yep of course the pediatrician said we could give her eggs so this morning I gave her one bite (about the size of a pin and she got hives immediately. Hives were all over her head, neck and face. Luckily it happened fast so I did nto give her any more egg and within about 2 hours all of the Hives were gone. SO allergy testing may be in our near future. So to now its sticking to the basics. She absolutely loves table food and wants whatever we have. Last night we had a surprise birthday dinner for Ellen at my Aunts house and she loved twice baked potatoes and a little cupcake for dessert. Tonight she had some noodles! Those little frotn teeth sure are coming in handy! On other news Franki is obsessed with her Hokey Pokey Elmo. I love watching her look at him while Elmo dances. She is also really moving around. We call it the snake she cant crawl forwards but shes got the backward snake thing going. Baby Baby were praying she grows out of these allergies and we can all be back in commision by the end of this week. Luckily for Tyler he felt ok and we havent passed our ailments on to him yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment