Thursday, February 24, 2011

Water Baby

Well a few weeks ago I mentioned that Franki really loved swimming lessons and she did, but there is nothing to describe how much she enjoys it now that we have been to 6 lessons. She used to like it but she would just smile and go with whatever we were doing. The last two weeks everyone in the lessons comments on how happy she is and how much she loves the water. We get into the water and she immediately begins splashing and laughing. She splashes everyone and she kicks her little legs to try to get the floating things in the water, she just really really loves it. She is a little fish. She is the youngest one in the class and she seems to enjoy it much more than all the other kids. The instructor even says how good she is for her age. It is just too cute to watch. I guess she takes after her Papa (he was a great swimmer all through High School). I can only imagine my Grandma Rossi looking down from Heaven watching Franki at her swimming lessons and loving every minute of it. I just remember my Grandma always talking about her only son and what a wonderful swimmer he was (she saved every single ribbon that he ever one and gave them to my dad a a few years back). I just know that she would love to see her swimming around. It makes me happy just thinking about it. So in lieu of Franki being such a good little swimmer, I officially graduated her from her baby bath tub into the regular tubs for baths and she absolutely loves it. She is able to get all her toys and move around in the water and she just loves it because it allows her lots more room and lots of splashing. I cant get enough of how much fun she is and how much her personlity is coming out.

We also started a music class called sign and sing. I am sooooo  exxcited to start teaching her different signs. I have a pretty decent background in American Sign Language since I used it to communicate with my little Angel Dimitri. Its been about 7 years since I have really used it, seeing that Little D was my very first Angel that I had ever taken care of. I just think all of the baby sign language studies are really amazing and I look forward to seeing how my little Franki adapts to learning some signs and some ability to communicate before she can use her words. The class we are in focuses on animals so she should quickly learn the sign for Dog! Anyways I just try to really enjoy our time off together and keep us nice and busy for the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment