Saturday, October 2, 2010

2 Months!



I cant believe how quickly the time has passed. Francesca is already 2 months old and growing right on track! She is now 9 llbs 15 oz and 22 inches long! Both of those only put her in the 25th percentile for her age. Her head is 14.5 inches which is the fifth percentile! She has a tiny little head! We happen to think this is probably why her head is so strong, she doesnt have a big noggin to carry around! We have had quite the eventful month, yet she continues to thrive and grow just as she should. This month she started really having control over her head. She can sit in the jumperoo and in her bumbo chair and hold her head up high. I can put her forward facing in the baby wrap and she absolutely loves to be able to face forward so that she can look all around. She is always on the move, her legs/arms are in constant motion. When you hold her up she immediately holds her own weight on her feet and mimics walking by picking up her feet. Her eye coordination continues to improve and she tracks both people and objects 180 degrees. She is still working on that hand/arm coordination although it is getting more precise by the day. She often hits herself in the head while trying to get her hands to her mouth. She does this wind up motion each time she tries to get her hands to her mouth and occasionally during her wind-up she catches her ear and she holds onto it. It is pretty funny to watch. Her personality continues to shine through. She loves to smile. Her favorite time of day is the early morning when she first gets up. All you have to do is talk to her and she her whole face lights up. I love that you can tell when she is going to smile because first the corner of her eyes have a slight upturn just before she smiles. She has that sweet little smile in that her whole face shows how happy she is. She still loves to be held. I think during our few bumos in the road she got used to the loving feeling of being held 24/7. So we are gradually trying to get her back to taking naps in the swing, bouncy, crib, or pack and play and not in her Mama's arms. I have found myself only getting things done when i strap her in the baby wrap. She sure loves to snuggle right up. The entire month her sleep schedule is slowly improving. She has even had one 6 hour stretch of sleep! The chubbier she gets the more she sleeps overnight and this makes for one happy baby and happy Mama! She continues to love being on her playmat, although she only hits the hanging toys by accidents, she does enjoy to look at all of the different things and to look at herself in the mirror. Every morning I have been reading her a new book. The past couple of weeks we have started to read Halloween books. I can usually keep her interested for about five minutes while reading to her. Now that she is getting more visual acuity she seems to enjoy looking at the pages in the book. She loves to dance! Tyler and I have always been big on playing music for her and it seems to instantly relax her. The other nigh t we put zac brown band into the CD player and we took turns swayying, swinging and dancing to the music. She was busy smiling and enjoying all the movement. I am determined to make her a country loving girl! So I still play country music, however I have started to play some Disney Music on my Pandora and that always seems to help lull her to sleep. She loves being naked (she takes after her Aunt Elle on this one!). I think next time she is crabby I may just try stripping her down and letting her be that is how much she seems to enjoy it. I think part of it is that she knows that being naked means that bath time is approaching! Today I had so much fun with her in the bath. Normally she gets her bath at night, in her little bath tub, because she enjoys the water so much i decided to try a different approach today. I put her in the bath with me. I held her while she was able to kick her legs and swing her arms. I let her back float by supporting her head in the water. We spent about twenty minutes in the water. SHe absolutely loved it! I cant describe hotw happy she looked. I think it will serve two purposes putting her in the bath with me occasionally. It will get her used to the water so she will love to take swimming lessons next year and it puts her back into her old element where she got to swim around everyday.  I know I am one proud Mama, but she is so special I cant help but tell you all about her new accomplishments and to document all of her achievements over the past month!

No comments:

Post a Comment