Monday, September 27, 2010

Bump in the Road

We are just trying to keep the hospitals in business or so I like to think that is why we have had a few Bumps in our road. Post-fever Our little Francesca who loves to wiggle and move decided on sunday to wiggle right from under her Daddies vision and onto the floor. Luckily Daddy is very quick and caught Franki just as she hit the ground. We werent totally sure that she didnt hit her head although we were pretty confident that Tyler had caught her. She cried immediately and was acting just like herself. Yet being the freak that I am I had to make sure she was ok, so back to the ER we went. They checked her over and saw that she was happy and eating and a.o.k! Thank goodness. We both quickly learned our lesson that in the blink of the eye she can slip right out from under you. We were both happy she was fine. We were finally on our road to recovery..or so we thought...

On wednesday night Tyler came home and said he was not feeling well. He took his temperature and he had a fever and body aches.  Wonderful! UGH not. I did not want to continue to pass around this virus or bug or whatever it was that seemed to be growing despite my loads of Lysol all around the house. Franki and I packed up and headed to Moma and Papa's house for some germ free R & R. Tyler recouperated very quickly and we were able to come home on friday night. I am a germ-a phob so of course I hired a cleaning service to ensure that our house could trully be germ free and that every nook and crannie was clean as a whistle.  I also put a bubble around Franki and didnt let Tyler hold Franki until Saturday night. You cant be too safe right?

Franki finally got to meet some of her other family members including her Uncle Tom, Aunt Kim, Aunt Kari and her great aunt and uncle nancy and chris. Everyone was very happy to finally get to meet her.

Satruday Aunt Kathy came and Franki and I had a great time shopping and lounging around together. Franki loves when her aunt kathy comes! I was also finally able to get some clothes for myself! It has been awhile since I have bought anything and since I am no longer pregnant I needed some real people clothes! Maybe now ill be styling just like my lil girl!

On Sunday Tyler, Francesca and I went apple picking in Wisconsin. With all the "bumps" we have not had much time to spend all together. It was the beggining of one of our many fall traditions. Fall is Ty and my favorite time of year. We have several traditions but are always looking to add just a few more! This was our very first time apple picking together. We headed to this beautiful orchard and got all bundled up in our hoodies and picked some mighty delicious apples. Franki loves the fresh air so I stuck her in the Maya wrap  all snug and warm up against Momma and we strolled among the apple orchard. We got home and with some football on television we cut and peeled lots of apples. The crockpot had homemade applesauce brewing and the oven was crisping our apples! The house smelled of fall and we all snuggled up together on the couch and enjoyed every minute of it. The applesauce is the best I have ever tasted cinnamon apple delicious! Apple crisp might be my new favorite dessert. We will be making some other great apple treats this weekend and I cant wait!

We may have had a few bumps in our life and I am sure there are many more to come. It is Sunday's like yesterday that make all of those bumps worth it!

Enjoy some new pictures of this Sweet Girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment