Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Anniversary

Lots of fun and exciting things have happened since my last blog. Tyler and I celebrated our one year anniversary. It was my first time leaving my Franki girl. Moma and Papa came to babysit so that we could enjoy a couple of hours out on our own and celebrate our first year as a married couple. We had a wonderful dinner. Francesca was very good for her Moma and Papa. She drank good from a bottle and shared lots of hugs and kisses. It was a great way to spend our first anniversary (with the exception of missing the architectural boat tour: Ill save that story for Tyler to tell :)), especially since we got to come home to our sweet baby girl wide-eyed and ready to play.

On Labor Day we went to a BBQ with my old friends from highschool, Catie, Kevin and there little girl Emma. It was so good to see them and spend some time catching up. I feel blessed to be able to find and reconnect with old friends. I am excited to get to spend more time with them in the future and reestablish a lifelong friendship with them. It was such a nice time to hang out in a backyard and spend time with the little ones!

The last two weeks have been AWESOME! Aunt Elle started babysitting for Jett a couple weeks back and it has been so much fun hanging out with her. They only live a couple miles from us, so we have had time to hang out everyday. It has been a great experience to deepen our friendship and to share some quality time together as sisters. I feel very lucky to have her around both Franki and I. We both absolutely love having her around. We took the babes to the Lincoln Park Zoo this week to look at the animals. I think Elle and I probably had more fun looking at the animals while Franki and Jett slept the day away. It is really nice to be able to get out and enjoy my time off of work with the people I love so much. Franki is going to be one lucky little girl when Aunt Elle gets to watch her and Jett. They are both busy busy babiesand they are going to get lots of love from Elle when I have to go back to work. I cant wait to enjoy the next 6 weeks or so with my little girl and my sister.

New things Franki has done: She now tracks people and objects with her eyes. She loves to look around at everything and follows you with her eyes. It is amazing to see all the things she is learning just by looking around. Her arm movements are becoming a little more coordinated.(She still smacks herself in the face!) But she is starting to bring her hands to her mouth more consistently. This morning when I woke up she was trying to immitate my smiling. She was looking right at me with this googly smile. It was the most amazing thing to see. She becomes more alert by the day. She still loves her playmat and she becomes more aware of all of the things hanging from it by swinging her arms and her legs in all directions. She absolutely loves the bath now. She has this very curious look on her face the entire time, but does not cry at all anymore. She loves when you pour the water on her, the look on her face is priceless. Bathtime is one of my favorite times of day with her. Afterwards she always wants to eat and we get to spend quality time snuggling and getting warm after baths. She can't wait to sit up, whenever she cries she want you put her in a sitting position and she immediatly stops crying and looks around. As her head continues to get stronger she will be able to sit longer periods of time in her Bumbo chair. I think she will really love that! We call her Bobble head because when you hold her upright against your body she is constnanlty bobbing her head trying to look at you, or looking for a breast to eat at. Needless to say it is pretty funny to watch her do this and we figure it strengthens all of her neck muscles, so we let her bobble her head around and usually laugh with her while she does it! She really changes everyday. I look forward to updating what new things she can do next week!

Enjoy a Look at her first Googly smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment