Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Return to work and nearing 3 months old!

This momma headed back to work on monday. Luckily today (tuesday) was my day off, so it was a nice way to ease my way back in. Thank goodness for Ellen. I was so happy that she came the night before so i could get her all prepared (not that she needed it) but I think she knew it would make me happy to come early. I did pretty good. Monday started for me at 3:00 am. Francesca woke up to eat, although i tried to go to bed the anxiety of going back to work kept me from getting any more sleep. I got back to work and as usual the atmosphere was crazy and everyone was busy busy busy. Yet somehow when i asked what they wanted me to do it didnt seem like there was anything for me to do, but review charts, ugh, yuck. I wanted to see patients and of course most of the day I was stuck in the office. By the afternoon I had already talked to Elle a few times and just as I thought she was doing a great job and was sending me lots of photos of Franki smiling away. I missed my Franki a lot though. It might have been easier if I enjoyed my job more. Hopefully soon I will have a job I like more. Maybe tomorrow i will get to see a few more patients! It was nice to catch up with some of my friends in the PICU. I did spend a bit more time in the PICU than I normally would because of course I forgot one piece that I needed in order to pump. It is a good thing that I work in a hospital where they have all the supplies I need! Otherwise I was going to head home because I cant go the whole day without pumping. Overall it was a very uneventful day. I definitely have mommy brain adn forgot how to do some things ( I have only worked in this job for four months before leaving on maternity leave) and well lets face it when your pregnant your memory is just not as sharp as it normally is. I am sure the next few days I will get back into the swing of things. I definitely just think about getting my work done while I am there so I can get home to my girl. Let me tell you I enoy my time with Franki even more not that I am back to work than I did when I was home. I will be utilizing all of my time off to get as much loving and fun with my franki, daddy , and Hulk! Wish me luck the rest of the week!

Francesca is almost 3 months old! I cant believe it! She is growing and changing everyday. There was a reason that she did not take the pacifier in the begining and that is becuase she is a thumb sucker. She recently found her thumb and she loves it! It was about three weeks ago that she really started to figure out how to get her hands to her mouth and it was only a matter of time before she figured out how to suck on her hand and then shortly after found her thumb. She is now a great self soother which has increased her amount of sleep overnight! I put her in the crib starting last week and since then she has done great. She loves to have the crib to move around in. She only gets up once during the night to eat and it is usually between 3 and 5. She is sleeping about 7 to eight hours. We usually get her to sleep around 7:30 but she likes to cuddle til about 9. I have tried several times to put her down into the crib at 7:30 after reading to her and feeding her. She will be passed out and the second I lie her down she is awake and crying. I pick her up and she snuggles on my chest until about 9 and from there she sleeps soundly in her crib until its time to eat again. She is still such a sweetie. She is always smiling and has started to laugh. Her laugh sounds like she is inhaling a lot of air, it is very cute. She thinks that it is really funny when we eat. As tyler and I eat she has a huge grin on her face. She must be thinking about eating. She is starting to grab things in front of her and is much more aware of everything going on around her. With everything that she likes to do her attention span lasts about 20 minutes. She has really started to look at the television. So we will put a children's show on the laptop and let her look at it. She really enjoys shows with songs. The first show we watched was the princess and the frog, it's got great music and she loves listening to it. Her face has a smile the entire time she is watching and listening to it. She also has finally started to notice Hulk. She will follow him with her eyes and watch where he is going. She absolutely loves the changing table. It must be the view that she gets of our faces. She can be crying and immediatly stops when you put her on the changing table. She absolutely hates tummy time. She usually cries the whole time, but has really started to lift her head and shoulders up, its almost like the more she cries the better she does becuase she lifts her head to search for whoever put her on her stomach! She is one smart little cookie. The other day in her sleep she rolled from her back to her stomach. We have yet to seee her roll over while she is awake but everyday she gets closer to doing this, its only a matter of time now especially with her kicking those legs and wiggling those arms aroound! She is really doing so wonderful. I cant wait to see all the things she will learn this next month. Her is a view into our happy happy babies life!







No comments:

Post a Comment