Thursday, February 16, 2012

Adelina Antoinette!

Adelina "Addi" Antoinette Fevold arrived on February 14th @ 648 in the morning. She weighed in at  6 llbs 8 oz, 21 inches. I was originally scheduled to be induced on V-day at 715 in the morning, so as you see she had other plans for her arrival. Monday afternoon I had a doctor appointment. He checked me and I was still 4 cm, but my contractions had become slightly more consistent and strong starting sunday night into monday. So it was at that point I wasnt confident that labor was going to start seeing I still hadnt made any progress. However by 3 pm I was consistently contracting every 6 minutes and they were strong enough to take my breath away. I called my physician who said to hang out a while longer walk around some and come to hospital when they were silghtly closer together and stronger, especially since we live so close to the hospital. So Tyler came home from work, we took a wak, I did a little wii just dance to its raining men!. Then I put my sweet Franki to sleep. By that time my mom and sister were over at our house and my contractions were now consitently 5 minutes apart and getting stronger. We decided it was time to take it over to the hospital. I got to the hospital at 7 pm. I still had made no change, really ugh. But I was contracting strongly and consistently and my doctor was confident that my body was doing what it needed to do in order to have this baby as naturally as possible. Therefore I got hooked up to a monitor and just hung out with Tyler and Ellen. At about midnight there was little changes but nothing major so we decided to try to take a nap. Not easy to sleep with strong consistent contractions. Literally I would sleep 4 minutes and then contract and be wide awake again. So it was around 400 that I decided it was time for an epidural since my pain was significant painful and I was now fighting being exhausted. Got my epidural at 0430. And fell asleep until 5 when my water broke! I felt her drop into my pelvis and my water break. In just 30 minutes I was 7 cm. By 6 am I was 8 cm and with contractions 10 cm. The nurse said she was just going to hang out in the room, she didnt want me pushing. However I really wanted to push, feeling lots of pressure as the baby was ready to come out. We waited til the doctor got there around 630 and then it was time to get ready and push. I pushed 9 times and there she was! It was a wonderful birth process. I was so able to allow my body to just do what it needed to do in order to get her out. I could tell right away she was smaller than miss franki had been. She is so cute! She is long and skinny with a tiny little head. She resembles franki, but has a little more dark hair and a slightly different nose. She also has much less roundness to her face. We will see all her changes in the next few months bring. We are now home and adjusting to life as a family of four! Enjoy our Adelina! P.S. Adelina means noble or small winged one. Her middle name is after her Great Grandma Antoinette Rossi. We couldnt be more happy to give her a piece of her great grandma. We couldnt think of a better way to honor my wonderful grandma. I can only hope she is smiling down on this baby girl!








No comments:

Post a Comment