Sunday, May 8, 2011

Ty's Birthday

Tyler and I are the same age for exactly four weeks every year! He is now the big 27! (which means ill be the big 28 in just a few weeks, but this isnt about me :)). We had a great celebration. I woke up a little early and surprised him with waffles for breakfast, which Francesca also devoured! My family came over for dinner and we had some delicious Augustino's Deli. One of Tyler's favorite places. Then I made him a golf cake! It was my first hand cake decoration. I LOVE to bake but I usually just go with the straightforward store bought icing and mke the box cake. This time I did the store bought cake and icing but there was a bit more detailing that had to go into the golf cake (it looked just like one golf hole). Tyler being that he is quite easy to please ( I love that about him!) thought that his cake was the BOMB! It helped that it was chocolate and tasted delicious. So we shared a nice dinner and sang Happy Birthday. He got lots of Birthday goodies. I got him a gold swing evaluation, since he is really into golf this summer and is always looking for ways to improve his game and impress me! He also got a new pair of sandles. He was most excited about my parents gift to him which was TWIN's tickets for July when they play the south siders of chicago a.k.a White Sox.

The best part of his birthday celebration was that it lasted two whole days! Yep, since I am off on Thursdays Ty played hooky from work and we took Franesca for her first trip to the Shedd aquarium! She absolutely loved looking at all the fish. Which in turn made us love the experience that much more. It was the first time in awhile we have gone on a family trip to the city since we moved. She could have sat and stared at the first fish tank we put her in front of all day if we let her. She would put her mouth directly up the glass and ooooooh and ahhhhh at all the fish. It was so cute. She would try to grab the fish directly through the glass. We spent almost 3 hours looking at all the different fish, lizards, turtles, dolphins, frogs, jelly fish, penguins and so much more. I have a feeling this will be a fequent visiting place for us, especially as Franki gets older. Ty;s birthday ended up being a wonderful family filled day and It was just as awesome and special for me as it was for him! Im happy he was able to have such a nice 27th Birthday! Happy Birthday Hunny! How does i feel to finally be the same age as me?!!








Last but not least. Happy Mother's day to all the Mommies out there.  A special Mother's day shout out to my amazing mother, my best friend! I am lucky to have been taught so much from my mother and to have learned so much about life from and with her. I cant wait to instill what I have learned from my mother into Francesca. We had a wonderful sunny warm day at My Aunt Kathy's ( who I also give a big thanks to for being and inspirational mother and aunt to us!), My cousin cooke up some amazing ribs and we enjoyed the entre afternoon outside playing bags and just enjoying each other's company. I enjoyed spending my first mother's day playing with Franki and watching her enjoy crawling all over the grass and practicing her newest sound DADADADA, DODODODODO. This girl just loved the outside, she really doesnt mind being plopped right in the grass with some toys and she is about as happy as a baby gets. I love that about her. She is a lot like her parents, nice weather and good company is really all you need to be happy. Happy Mother's day to ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment