Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lots of "Firsts"

It has been the month of First's for us. Some good others not so good.

Francesca is standing all on her own and even taking a step (one single step-first step taken on May 19th), However with her walker she is crusing all around the house. She got her first pair of shoes (real shoes, ones that arent just cute but durable and made for little standing, walking and crawling feet). She has eaten her first grilled cheese sandwich (YUM-O). She is imitating just about everything, wierd faces, sounds, everything (she even attempted to growl back at Hulk when he was growling at her today). She is experiencing her very first Chicago Spring days, full of walks, playing in the yard and loving it just like we do.

The not so good firsts this month. Her very first trip to the doctor that was not for a well check up. Her first trip diagnosed her with a double ear infection (Yuck). However she was really her normal self with thte exception of being put down, she jsut didnt want to lay down and I didnt blame her I hate to lay down when my ears hurt. So a nasty runny nose, sore ears and ten days of antibitoics later she develops a fever of 103-105 (the highest) and that is with motrin and tylenol around the clock. Her fever developed not even 24 hours after her last dose of antibiotics. She has a urinary tract infection and man did it put her on the back burner. She was so tired and just looked sickly. So she got lots of lovin. I spent lots of time holding her consoling her and sleepign with her attached to my hip or chest. (currently she is sleeping in her crib:)) Not like i dont love a good cuddle, but the last two days I havent even been able to go to the bathroom and put her down without her crying. So slowly but surely she is getting back to herself (oh were on another 10 day course of a different abtibiotic). I am sure she got the UTI from the first run of antibiotics which caused massive diarrhea (lets hope this antibiotic is different). She is still eating and drinking well and that is all we can ask for. Let's hope we got her firsts and seconds out of the way and she will continue her normal helahty self for awhile after this. We have a big week and weekend ahead. Let's just say I hate when this babe is sick. It makes me super sad and I hate that sometimes there is nothing you can do but walk in circles holding them to make them feel better. It makes me think back to the many times i wasnt a parent and jsut a nurse and how differently I view things now that I am a momma. I love this girl and I cant wait for her to start feeling much better. I have a feeling we will have many more firsts coming our way in the next month or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment