Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CRY it out

Cry it out and yes that is exactly what we did. I think both Franki and I were getting tired of not sleeping, so we bit the bullet last weekend and let her cry. The worst part: Hearing that cry for almost two hours straight friday night: painful for momma (daddy snored the entire time) also painful for the mom trying to get some sleep. I would go in there every 30 min and just pick her up walk around to calm her down and put her back down again (long behold the second you put her down she would be crying again :(. But it worked. Two hours in and she stayed asleep until 630 in the morning. The next night I only had to go in and calm her down on two seperate occasions and she cried for about 100 total. Sunday night pure bliss (she slept all night, not a peep). She has gloriously found out that sleeping on her belly is so much more comfy than her side, so the second you put her down on her back she rolls onto her stomach and puts her thumb in her mouth. I think she just sleeps and calms herself mush easier on her belly. So here we are on wednesday night and we are refreshed and feeling well rested and full of spring energy. She continues to sleep through the night 7p-6a. Even when I hear her wake up in the night it is usually no more of ten minutes than whining and she is back to sleep: AWESOME! I know I keep saying it over and over again, but I was dying. I was sooo tired all day long, everyday and 8 1/2 months of no more than 4 hours of sleep at a time (and sdaly no I am not exaggerating) was getting emotionally and physically exhausting. You need sleep to be able to function as a good employee and a good Momma. Franki is also at her best now that she sleeps all night long. She naps better and plays hard all day long! So in the end the best part about crying it out is that it works and my sweet babydoll is finally sleeping!

On the flip side, I got a wonderful date with my hubby last weekend and I realized how much I love Golf! We had so much fun soaking up the sun and playing a round of golf together! Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment